Tuesday, May 10, 2016

First Mother's Day

I had been slightly dreading the holiday. I had given birth to an adorable baby girl, but I wasn't a mom in the every day responsibility sense of the word.

Each person in a family is identified by a term. Mom, dad, brother, sister, niece, nephew, cousin, etc. There are step parents and half siblings. It all helps determine who is who. The term birthmother suggests that is your only role in your child's life. I wanted and will always want to be more than just that.

Macii and Tom are amazing. I remembered briefly hearing about  a day called 'Birthmother's Day," but had completely forgotten about it until they sent me this:


They also sent me a beautiful silver tree to represent our new family tree with birthstones and the birthstone for the month her adoption was finalized.

I sent Macii some flowers that I thought would be a neat mix of floral, art and creativeness for Mother's Day.

The card I sent read: Congrats and lots of love on your first mothers day! I am in complete awe of the amazing mother you are, I couldn't have even dreamed of anyone better. Thank you!!!!

I was really excited about the gift I got for my mom, a survival kit with first aide, food and water for two people for three days. I told her not go on any "three hour tours" and that the boat may be a good place to keep it. This may sound strange to most, but she likes to be prepped for the end of the world. We had a really nice time just hanging out and having dinner at Red Robin together.

I also sent a message to my birth mom to wish her a happy mother's day and send some love.

So I dedicate this to all the birth mothers and mothers, soon-to-be moms, moms of angels and single-mothers. Your sacrifices will never go unnoticed. 

Thank you for everyone who reached out to me, it meant the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment