Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Valentines' Day and Adoption Package!


Book cover, The Little Girl Who Lost Her Name
A note inside of the book written to BB
 I mailed off a fun Valentines' Day package to BB and her parents. We're getting close to the six month mark, which means the finalization of her adoption. On one hand, i'm just so excited because that means no more home checks or questions or "what-ifs" for them and probably a lot less complications in regards to their daughter having a different last name. I would hope there haven't been any difficulties with the different last names, but you never know.

As excited as I am, I'm a little sad about it too. It feels like one of the last connections we share is being erased. I knew the moment I met them, they were meant to be BB's parents and in my heart 100% they are her mom and dad.

I wanted to embrace how happy of an event her official adoption and name change will be. All Christmas I was seeing a personalized children's book called "The Little Girl Who Lost Her Name." So I personalized it for my daughter with her new last name.


I ended up writing the company because I wish the title was "The Little Girl who Found Her Name," instead of lost it because the word "found" has a much more positive meaning than "lost." Is my public affairs background showing? They never did respond. Oh well. I also mentioned what I was using their book for and thanked them for the opportunity to give such a personalized gift.

I'm about a month ahead in regards to sending the book, but I wanted to make sure it was there on time.

Here are the other things included in the box:







My sister sent cute penguin pajamas with footies.






This little hero onesie was really cute!Also sent by my sister. 




Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were my sister's favorite toys, so this is really appropriate coming from her.. haha!






If you couldn't tell.. this is also from my sister. 





Pajamas I picked out... sooo soft!




I didn't think it was fair to send her a lot of candy, because she can't eat it yet :) So this cute little bear and mini heart chocolate box was perfect. 




Self explanatory. 




Macii and Tom put BB in these beautiful bows and head bands so I included a silly one in the box. I received a picture back on her wearing it with a HUGE smile on her face. It completely made my day!














I've been sending books to BB from wherever I go with a handwritten notes and the date on it.  















This seemed appropriate for Valentines' Day :)




Somehow CoCo the teething monkey ended up at the bottom, my sister LOVES monkeys and BB thinks they are hilarious, so this was most appropriate :)


 My parents also sent a really cute fuzzy little kitten sweater, but I somehow missed getting a picture of it. I also included a couple of letters and a gift for Macii and Tom.

I think sending packages and interacting does a lot for all of us. 

It means a lot to me and my family to be able to send little packages. We get to have fun buying baby stuff and get updates on her development. I think it really shows how much BB is loved, how much we care for Macii and Tom and gives me an opportunity to express my gratitude. It also gives them an opportunity to know us better, hopefully think of us as extended family and not feel threatened because they know who we are and how much we love them. 

A lot of families haven't had that opportunity and have a lot of fears because there is so much unknown about the birth family and in return the birth family misses out on updates and maybe is a bit more scarred from the adoption experience because they don't know whether the child they placed for adoption is healthy or happy. 

Almost five months post placement, and I couldn't have dreamed of a better relationship or family for BB. Sure, I embrace the sad moments as they come, there are less and less of them, but I choose to live in the happiness of this wonderful journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment