Thursday, January 7, 2016

Birthdays, Bowling and then some!

I'm a little behind on blog posts lately. I'll just blame the holidays. This post will be all over the place covering all sorts of topics.

 Dialogue
A few things I've really come to appreciate about this blog is that it has opened up a lot of dialogue with friends, my family and my biological family. My biological father sent me a Facebook message letting me know he did tell his daughters about me when they were teenagers, he just hadn't mentioned it to me and updated me on some information and apologized for a few things that hurt my feelings, so that was really nice to hear.

I also wrote a post recently for Graceful Adoptions that I think is important:
Adoption Myth 4: If Adoptees Loved Their Family, They Wouldn’t be Searching

Moving
I had dinner with a good friend of mine this week. He is taking a job in Germany so the place he just moved into will be available in the spring. It was a dual-purposed dinner. We wanted to hang out and at the same it would give me an opportunity to check out the place.

It's a gorgeous house, just a block away from the metro in Alexandria. It would have been a 15 minute commute to work for me. Josh's roommate Jenny is fantastic. We're both runners, wine drinkers and animal lovers. There were two reasons I declined moving in. The first is that I have an entire apartment's worth of furniture, and other than the den and master bedroom, everything is fully furnished. It even has a garage. If you just happen to be looking for a place, let me know!

The second is that I always want to have an extra room to offer Tom, Macii and BB whenever they want to visit. Wherever I am, there will always be a place for them. Oh, I also really needed a garage that would fit the hard top of the jeep, the motorcycle, my camping/backpacking gear and the jeep. So I'm moving back into the complex Drew and I used to live in: Riverside Station. 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, big garage, other than the long commute to work, it's in a great location!

Birthdays
We celebrated my sister's 30th birthday last weekend. It's the weird time of year where she and I are the same age from January-April.

She is probably the most emotional when it comes to anything having to do with the adoption, she ugly cries (happy tears) at everything. When we got her a gift, a photo frame filled with pictures of her and BB, she broke down in tears at Christmas. Macii and Tom text her a happy birthday photo with BB, completely cried at that too. She loved it.

 I still haven't regretted my choice to place BB for adoption for one second, she was meant to be exactly where she is, but I sure do love that they want us to be a part of her life. Even though we can be a little strange lol. Here is my wonderfully strange family partying it up at the bowling alley for my sister's 30th birthday. We'll be going skiing at some point soon, it's finally cold enough!


 



I love them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment