Monday, December 28, 2015

Merry Christmas!

It has been weighing on mind how to approach Macii and Tom about scheduling our first visit with them and BB but I didn't want to rush them or pressure them into it.

Well they completely made my Christmas by sending a beautiful photo collage of BB's many expressions and with a text they will be visiting us in D.C. this April! I can't wait! So this is now sitting on my desk at work:

 

As amazing as Christmas was, it had a few downs. My grandfather and his wife were supposed to join us for dinner on Christmas with my friends. Well my grandfather worries about everything non-stop and often makes himself physically sick. He called and said he was not feeling well and would just drop a few gifts off.

When he stopped by my mom asked him if he was really sick or did he make himself sick and he replied that he had not felt welcome at our house since the adoption. (He and his wife did not stop by the hospital when BB was born and said adoption was unnatural.)

They wouldn't have been invited over if they weren't wanted. They don't have to agree with my decision and I don't have to agree with their opinion, but that doesn't mean we don't want them around.

I just walked away from the conversation. Shortly after my friends arrived and had to walk right into a family confrontation, thankfully they are incredibly understanding!

Is it April yet?


Check out these other blog posts i've been writing:

 Adoption Myth 3 - Birth Parents will Forget About Their Child
Amy's Story Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment